A very small introduction to astrology (jyotish)
Jyotish Shastra (Astrology) is the vision of Vedas. It is one of the vedangas out of six vedangas. According to Hindu Astrology (Jyotish) there are 9 planets, 12 zodiac signs and 27 nakshatras(constellations) and each impacts the life on earth, on humans and on mundane life. Similarly the beej mantra of planets impacts us in positive manner.
Theory of Karma
As per hindu philosophy, we had many birth & life and we keep on taking birth and die again till we merge into the source, the parmatman. We come and go till all the karma cycle goes on. We are into the existence from the beginning and doing karmas. The karmas never end till we get the fruit of them, either bad or good. What we are doing in this life and what karmas are going to be fruitful in this life from the baggage of karmas can be known using Jyotish(Astrology).
Planets and Karmas
In astrology, birth chart or kundali (horoscope) is the blue print of our life we are carrying, which tells about which karmas from the past are going to give fruits in this life and what are the possibilities, deeds we can do in this life. Planets give results according to our own karma but then what is the purpose behind this planetary existence? What is the purpose of astrology if planets (graha) are going to give results only according to our karmas. These karma always give results which cannot be pacified. So how to lessen the suffering from the bad karmas we did in the past? When these planets will give malefic results, how can one rectify the harmful effects from planets? Is there any solution to this? Yes!
We need to increase the positivity to pacify the negativity, It will not be removed but we can do so much positive that positive deeds give more results in comparison to negative. How can we do that?
Seek Blessings – Beej Mantra of Planets
We can pray planets by chanting beej mantra of planets, as they have been given the job to give results and make us pay off the karmas. Lets take an example. When someone is angry on us because of our wrong actions and came to whack us. As he entered our home we welcome him with sweet smile and warmth, respect him and pray him like a child, then that person will not react in that manner and infact will be happy by seeing our love towards him. and it may happen that he will bless us instead of harming us.
Same is with planets, each planet has a deity, so if we pray them, chant their beej mantra (as beej mantra has lot of power inside like seeds), surely planets will help us. Astrological texts says these beej mantra of planets pacify all the harmful effects and will bless in a short period of time when chanted properly with faith. Beej mantra of planets are the most powerful of all mantras thats why the chanting of these are recommended by astrologers and jyotishacharya. Do 108 times at a time using mala or rosary. Why 108 is considered auspicious number, read here https://vedapathshala.com/2020/01/10/magical-and-scared-number-108/
Information About Beej Mantra of Planets
Here we are giving information about Beej Mantra of nine planets. What is the mantra, When to chant, who should chant, How to chant these questions are answered in the section below. To know more about beej mantras you can checkout https://vedapathshala.com/2020/01/06/beej-mantra-the-seed-mantras/
Planet Sun (Surya)
Surya Beej Mantra
ॐ ह्रां ह्रीं ह्रौं स: सूर्याय नम:।
Om hraam hreem hraum sah suryaaya namah
In Mahadasha of Sun: Chant 6000 times in 40 days.
Who Should Chant
- One whose dasha or antardasha of sun is going on and sun is malefic in the horoscope.
- People having low confidence, low decision making power or low self esteem should chant beej mantra of planet sun.
- People having issues with government or students studying for government services should chant this as sun is significator of government, authority and power.
- Chanting beej mantra of sun activates and balances solar plexus because both are connected. It enhances will power, intellect, clarity and identity.
- To balance the Jatharagni – the fire for life. As sun is heat and solar plexus is the abdominal area, so jatharagni is also a significance of sun. Chanting of sun beej mantra improves jatharagni (fire to sustain, fire to maintain the temperature of body and to tranform). Jatharagni is fire responsible of life. Digestive power balances.
- It also represents the samaan vayu as the solar plexus area, abdominal area is of samaan vayu which balances apana and prana. So chanting this beej mantra will also balance the samaan vayu(prana).
- Sun also represents father in vedic astrology so any father related problems like relation with father or some problem to father can be cured by chanting surya beej mantra.
When to Chant
At the time of sunrise and better offer water to God Sun. Start chanting from Sundays or on Sundays. Better to chant daily starting from the Sunday.
Note: Pray lord Vishnu, he the father of this universe.
Planet Moon (CHANDRA)
Chandra Beej Mantra
ॐ श्रां श्रीं श्रौं सः चंद्राय नमः ।
Om shraam shreem shroum sah chandraya namah
In the Mahadasha of Moon: Chant beej mantra 10000 times in 40 days.
Who Should Chant Chandra Beej Mantra
- Whose Mahadasha or antardasha of moon is going on and moon has some malefic effects.
- Moon/Chandra signifies mind in astrology so any mind related problems or psychological problems like anxiety, distracted mind, depression, mood swings, stress, not being able to concentrate etc show affliction on moon or these are the signs of weak moon. One having these issue should chant moon beej Mantra.
- Moon also denotes mother, nurturing, emotions, feelings and heart. Thus emotional issues like relationships issues, peace of mind, problems related to mother or problems to mother also indicates that affliction (dosha) is present. This mantra gives positive results when chanted properly and pacifies the dosha effects.
- Moon is the planet of feelings and physically this is area of heart where prana vayu resides. Thus prana vayu get balanced on chanting this mantra.
- This is also region of heart chakra and it represents love, compassion, forgiveness and acceptance. When it is not working properly jealousy, depression, dependency arises etc. So chanting this mantra is like giving healing to the chakra which clears all the negative emotions and balances the anahata chakra (heart chakra).
When to Chant
In the evening 108 times daily after sunset or at the time of moon (night time). Start chanting from Mondays.
Note: If one believes in Shiva he or she should pray to Lord Shiva along with chanting chandra beej mantra. Lord shiva has solved the problems of chandra(Moon) and gave place on his forehead. Goddess Durga is also a deity of planet Moon.
Planet Mars (Mangal)
Mangal Beej Mantra
ॐ क्रां क्रीं क्रौं स: भौमाय नम:।
Om kraam kreem kraum sah bhaumaya namah
At The Time Of Mahadasha Of Mangal (Mars): Chant for 7000 times in 40 days.
Who Should Chant Mangal Beej Mantra
- Whose time period (dasha and antardasha) of mars is going on and mars is giving malefic effects or weakly posited.
- Mars is the warrior, the senapati in the planetary system according to vedic astrology thus it indicated the courage, valour, power and authority and protection. So if some one is not able to take step and not able to be courageous enough, having protection related issues like facing accidents etc should chant this mangal beej mantra.
- If mars is badly placed, it may result in anger in the native, dominating nature, nagging others unnecessarily, showcasing the power and ego issues. To improve this condition mars mantra is helpful.
- Mars represents protection and defense but if it is adversely affected then it destroys rather than giving protection. Both sun and mars are hot planets but mars fire is not warmth, it is more aggressive. So if giving bad results in horoscope can give injuries from fire etc.
- Problems related to blood or bone marrow may arise if Mangal is not beneficial in a kundali.
- People having mars in 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 8th & 12th house of a natal chart from lagna or moon, except in own sign or the sign of exaltation should chant Mangal beej Mantra to pacify its bad effects.
- Mars is red in color so the root chakra is and except this too Mars relates to root chakra in many others ways. It has the connection with earth similar to root chakra as mars is Bhumi Putra (Son of Earth). So root chakra (mooladhara chakra) problems like blockages or over activeness can be solved by the chanting of mangal mantra.
- In astrology, Mars is the lord of first and eighth house, eighth house is significator of excretion organ, so with the apana vayu which pushes the waste downwards thus to balance apana vayu too, chant this beej mantra.
When to Chant
In the morning. Start from Tuesdays.
Note: If one believes in Lord Hanuman he or she should pray to him along with chanting mangal beej mantra. Lord Hanuman is the deity of Mars, gives strength, courage and removes all the difficulties from the life. Bhagwan Kartikeya is also a deity of planet Mars.
Planet Mercury (Buddha)
Buddha Beej Mantra
ॐ ब्रां ब्रीं ब्रौं सः बुधाय नमः।
Om braam breem braum sah budhaaya namah
At the time of mahadasha of planet mercury: Chant for 17000 times in 40 days.
Who Should Chant
- One can chant this mantra when dasha, antardasha of buddha(planet mercury) is going on.
- Mercury is the Prince as per the vedic astrology. Mercury is the significator of intelligence but as he is a prince, a child, his buddhi(intelligence ) gets affected by the one he sits. So if some malefic planet is sitting with mercury that shows mercury, our buddhi is under some bad influence. So when there is problem related to buddhi or intelligence one should chant the buddha beeja mantra.
- It rules over our speaking capabilities, and nervous system because mercury is the planet of communication so person having problems with speaking such as stammering and nervous disorders should recite it.
- Mercury is signification of skin, intelligence, mathematics and logical reasoning so for curing skin issues and analytical studies issues chant mercury beej mantra.
- For improving business and to solve business relating issues also chant mantra.
- Mercury is the planet of communication and in chakras throat chakra is for communication, so to balance the communication part this mantra chanting is helpful.
- According to the vedic astrology, Mercury is the lord of virgo also, Virgo falls in sacral chakra region so this beej mantra cures some of the problems of unbalanced sacral chakra related to mercury.
- Usually, it should be chanted in the early morning, but you can chant it at any time of the day.
- Placing of Ganesh idol or image is recommended during this mantra chanting.
When to Chant
Anytime. Start from Wednesday.
Note: Ganesha is the deity for planet mercury so pray and chant in front of the Lord Ganesha or mercury yantra. One can pray to Lord Vishnu too.
Planet Jupiter (Brihaspati or Guru)
Brihaspati Beej Mantra
ॐ ग्रां ग्रीं ग्रौं सः गुरूवे नमः।
Om graam greem graum sah gurave namah
At the time of Jupiter Mahadasha: Chant for 16000 times in 40 days.
Who Should Chant
- When dasha or antardasha period of jupiter is going on, chanting its beej mantra is beneficial.
- In vedic astrology jupiter is Guru the master of devas. He is a teacher store house of knowledge, wisdom and a well wisher. But when it gives malefic results then wisdom power and pure thoughts got afflicted. Native becomes egoistic thinking what he is doing is correct. As Jupiter is a master nobody can teach a guru as when afflicted Jupiter himself considers the greatest of all. Wisdom will not work or work in wrong direction. So chant this mantra to attain wisdom and prosperity in all direction.
- In a horoscope, other than wisdom guru is the significator of luck, wealth,and children. So chanting beej mantra of Jupiter will pacify the malefic effects and brings good luck, wealth and children.
- Brihaspati is also responsible for marriage in a native’s chart. Chanting this mantra will help in marriage related issues and one will get spouse if he is single.
- Crown charka will also get effects of malefic Jupiter because crown chakra represents the connection to the source of higher knowledge. Chant of jupiter beej mantra will balance the chakra and one will be to get wisdom from higher sources.
- Jupiter also represents liver, if one have enlarged liver then in his or her kundali jupiter has some maleficence. This mantra will protect one from these issues.
When To Chant
In morning and at least do 108 times in one go. Start from Thursdays
Note: Lord Brahma is the deity of knowledge, he is the given the vedas to the mankind. So praying him and chanting the mantra will have great effects.
Planet Venus (Shukra)
Shukra Beej Mantra
ॐ द्रां द्रीं द्रौं स: शुक्राय नम:।
Om draam dreem draum sah shukraya namah
At the time of Mahadasha of Venus: Chant 20000 times in 40 days.
Who Should Chant
- At the time of dasha and antardasha of planet venus if malefic.
- In Vedic texts, Venus is also a guru, master of demons. Shukra(venus) betows matierialistic comforts and luxury. Hence if native is devoid of this happiness he should chant venus mantra.
- Or afflicted venus may result in too much of indulgence in materialistic world.
- Shukra is the planet of beauty in astrology, malefic venus will not bless native with outer beauty and beauty around.
- Venus is the karaka(significator) of love and marriage. Those who are facing problems in love matters should chant this beej mantra.
- As venus signifies love it connects to heart chakra, so to open and balance heart chakra chant the mantra with love.
- Venus is lord of senses and sexual organs, afflicted venus can give diseases related to these. Chanting shukra beej mantra will help in curing and protecting these.
- It should be chanted 108 times daily in the morning by placing a Lord Lakshmi image or idol.
When To Chant
In the morning and start from Fridays.
Note: Goddess Lakshmi is the deity of venus. She is the Goddess of all the wealth, happiness and comforts of this world. Pray and chant venus beej mantra in front of her idol or venus yantra.
Planet Saturn (Shani)
Shani Beej Mantra
ॐ प्रां प्रीं प्रौं स: शनैश्चराय नम:।
Om praam preem praum sah shanaishcharaaya namah
At the time of Mahadasha of Saturn: Chant 19000 times in 40 days.
Who Should Chant
- At the time of dasha, antar dasha, sadesati and daiyaa native should chant to get the blessings of Shanidev, Saturn.
- Saturn is the planet of karma, if one is lazy or not doing anything what saturn will give. Chanting this shani beej mantra makes the native active and promotes him to do karmas.
- If one has issues with employees or servants then to pacify the malefic affect of Saturn chant beej mantra, as Saturn is the signification of servants in vedic astrology.
- If Saturn is not good in horoscope then one may face problems related to career, job or in business. Get the blessings of Shani(Saturn) by chanting beej mantra.
- Saturn also signifies longevity so to get long life chant saturn mantra.
- If there is Poverty, labour work and hard work then it should be understood that saturn is giving fruits of our own past karmas. Pary him, chant the mantra and get his blessing to come out of hurdles and struggles.
- Saturn is the karka of long term disease and leg issues. Beej mantra of saturn helps in curing these diseases.
- The root chakra and crown chakra(saturn represents spirituality) get positive effects on chanting. Stay grounded and reach to divinity.
- It should be chanted 10 malas daily in the evening, and native should place a lamp of til oil near the Peepal tree or Shami tree.
When To Chant
Start from Saturday in the evening.
Note: Lord Shiva and Lord Hanuman are the deities and saviour, pray to them and do mantra chanting in front of idol.
Rahu (Head of Snake/Shadow Planet)
Rahu Beej Mantra
ॐ भ्रां भ्रीं भ्रौं स: राहवे नम:।
Om bhraam bhreem bhraum sah rahave namah
At the time of Rahu Mahadasha: Chant for 18000 times in 40 days.
Who Should Chant
- Chant when dasha or antar dasha of rahu is going on or when rahu is malefic in the horoscope.
- Rahu is a shadow planet so native has born under the grahan/eclipse, chanting of this Mantra can help the to get over its malefic effects.
- Rahu is maya, the illusion so those who are suffering from hallucinations and other diseases like this should chant rahu beej mantra.
- Or if negative evil force is creating problem in native’s life, chanting this beej mantra will help in reducing the effect.
- Rahu is the head of snake so when rahu swallows other planets then native suffers from so many issues. To pacify the results of Rahu in kaal sarpa yoga get the blessing by chanting beej mantra.
When To Chant
At night time or in rahu kaalam.
Note: Goddess Durga is the deity of planet Rahu, praying her and chanting the rahu beej mantra will give good results.
Ketu (Tail of the Snake/Shadow Planet)
Ketu Beej Mantra
ॐ स्रां स्रीं स्रौं सः केतवे नमः।
Om sraam sreem sraum sah ketave namah
At the time of Ketu Mahadasha: Chant 7000 times in 40 days.
Who Should Chant
- Chant in the dasha or antardasha of ketu to pacify the bad effects.
- It is also a shadow planet and if one is born under the influence of eclipses chanting of Ketu Beej Mantra helps to get over the harmful effects.
- Ketu is the karaka of suicidal tendencies and psychological problems in life. Chant Ketu beej mantra overcome these tendencies.
- If Rahu is maya (illusion) then ketu is spirituality(truth), so to move on the spiritual journey one should recite this mantra.
- As it is said in Rahu description, In case of kaal sarp dosh which is caused by both rahu and ketu also chant ketu beej mantra.
Note: Lord Ganesha is the deity for planet Ketu. Pray Lord Ganesha and chant Ketu Beej Mantra.
Above is the complete guidance about beej mantra of nine planets. From the right mantra, deity, when to chant, what are the benefits of chanting or meditation on these beej mantra of 9 planets and special notes, all is shared. Will share more information about the other mantra of nine planets in future blogs.